fastq-dump: command not found, what is wrong?
- I have downloaded a tar of SRA toolkit, unzipped and installed it.
- I have also done the binary installation where you specify the path and I think I’ve done it correctly.
Now, I try to use fastq-dump and it runs when I try it out immediately after installation. When I restart terminal and try out fastq-dump, it returns:
fastq-dump: command not found
What did I do wrong? I’ve tried the following to see what I did wrong:
- I re-run the export path=$path command and fastq-dump still doesn’t work.
- I re-install SRA toolkit and it works again but doesn’t after restarting terminal.
- the bin folder is within the SRA toolkit file and it contains the tools.
Can someone point out what I did wrong? Or anything else I forgot to do?
• 136 views