The Client: Thomas Francis is excited to be partnering with a genomics player in the Biotechnology market. The group is responsible for experimental design, data management, data analysis, algorithm development and bioinformatics software development in collaboration with wet lab scientists to support assay development.
The Role: This role is based in San Diego, USA.
- Build robust pipelines and ad-hoc scripts to analyze massively parallel sequencing (NGS) genomic data and organize the results to enable further analysis.
- Write production-quality implementations of bioinformatic tools and machine learning algorithms.
- Support the assay development team with experimental design and data analysis.
- Must have a minimum of 2-4+ years of experience in a similar position including general experience in Genomics. Strong programing and scripting; demonstrated ability to write readable, well documented and unit-tested code.
- Experience with building/supporting/using bioinformatic pipelines.
- Must be independently and strategically minded.
- Proficiency with C++, C or C#
- Proficiency in using R and tidyverse for data analysis.
- Experience working with NGS data or other genetic information.
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science or related discipline.
If this role is of interest do not hesitate to get in touch
**Prompt Application is well advised**