Join a rapidly growing startup that is developing exciting new genomics technologies. Our team includes serial entrepreneurs, biotech experts and big-data leaders. We are also funded by top-tier VCs. Play an important role in the development and commercialization of technology and products that will have a major impact on the medical and life sciences fields!
We are looking for a highly motivated Bioinformatics Scientist to join our team!
We are seeking a scientist with a background in software and biochemistry. You will create a custom internal-facing pipeline for R&D assay development, collaborating closely with an experienced team of biochemists as well as Data group colleagues. You will be responsible for all aspects of this project, from pipeline infrastructure to panel design to data interpretation. This position is full-time based in Newark, California.
How You’ll Contribute
- Custom data pipeline to support R&D assay development.
- Collaborate with Biochemistry group colleagues to design R&D assay panels for highly multiplexed experiments.
- Collaborate with Data and Biochemistry colleagues to design metrics of interest.
- Capture metrics and display them in a user-friendly format.
- Summarize findings and generate cause-effect hypotheses.
- Communicate results in regular updates across Data and Chemistry departments.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Formal training in Biophysics or Biochemistry.
- Formal training in Software Engineering.
- 2 years hands-on Bioinformatics experience.
- Excellent shell scripting and Python skills, especially NumPy and SciPy.
- Signal processing experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.
Read more here: Source link