Apply for Vacancy for Bioinformatics Analyst at Weill Cornell Medicine in the USA. The deadline for this job is 30th September 2021.
Weill Cornell Medicine, officially the Joan & Sanford I. Weill Medical College of Cornell University, is the biomedical research unit and medical school of Cornell University, a private Ivy League university.
Performs computational analysis of genomic data; writes computer code and scripts to implement analytical pipelines.
- Performs custom bioinformatics and statistical analyses involving genomic and transcriptomics data.
- Also, assists with developing new software tools and writes code for specific analyses.
- Likewise, implements analytics pipeline using scripting and coding.
- Additionally, performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- B.S. in molecular biology, genetics, bioinformatics, biomedical engineering or computer science desired. MS or PhD in systems biology, bioinformatics or computer biology is highly desired.
- Also, approximately 2 years of related experience.
- Knowledge proficiency in Unix.
- Likewise, programming experience in at least one of the following languages: R C, C++, Python, Perl, Java.
- Furthermore, experience in biology and/or cancer biology
- Similarly, experience working in an academic environment is highly desired.
- Moreover, previous experience in designing and building bioinformatics workflows preferred.
- Also, previous experience analyzing and summarizing genomic datasets preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with R and Python programming, statistical analyses and use of next generation sequencing tools such as STAR, TopHat, CuffLinks, BWA, GATK and others.
- Additionally, ability to work with minimal supervision, and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Likewise, demonstrated ability to achieve results in a fast paced, deadline driven environment with multiple priorities and multiple stakeholders.
- Additionally, experience with genomics and bioinformatics in a clinical laboratory including setting up, testing and maintaining bioinformatics workflows
- Also, ability to learn and deliver work in fast-paced and diverse environment
Read more here: Source link