About Hummingbird Bioscience
Hummingbird Bioscience is an innovative clinical-stage biotech company focused on developing precision therapies against hard-to-drug targets to improve treatment outcomes. We harness the latest advances in systems biology and data science to better understand and solve the underlying causes of disease and guide development of our therapeutics.
Enabled by our proprietary Rational Antibody Discovery platform, we discover antibodies against optimal yet elusive epitopes on important targets that have not been successfully drugged, unlocking novel mechanisms of action. We are advancing a rich pipeline of first- and best-in-class precision therapies in oncology and autoimmunity, in collaboration with global partners in academia and industry.
Our highly experienced teams in the US and Singapore span antibody discovery, pharmacology, production and clinical development. Together we aim to accelerate the journey of new drugs from concept to clinical care. For more information, please visit www.hummingbirdbioscience.com, and follow Hummingbird on LinkedIn and Twitter (hummingbirdbio).
About the Role
Join Hummingbird Bioscience on our journey as we transition from an early-stage drug discovery company, to a global leader in drug development. We are searching for an experienced Head of Bioinformatics & Data Mining who will report to the Chief Technology Officer. The ideal candidate will develop and test biomarker models using in-house and other datasets and lead the development and implementation of bioinformatics solutions across a variety of different teams, including bulk NGS, spatial omics, and biomarker discovery. The ideal candidate will have an established track record in the field and possess a broad base of computational skills, a good understanding of omics technologies and applied statistics/machine learning.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Develop and test hypotheses to support biomarker development
- Support teams across Research & Discovery teams including Omics, Pharmacology and mAb Discovery
- Lead the development of the company’s bioinformatics analysis pipelines
- Build a bioinformatics infrastructure able to rapidly respond to the needs of the company
- Manage in-house HPC and cloud-based bioinformatics software infrastructure
- Improve existing proprietary code-bases and develop new bioinformatics tools and algorithms
- Form effective cross-functional teams
- Develop and maintain workflows, relational databases and suitable front-ends for rapid querying by non-bioinformatics specialists
- Implement reproducible scientific software environments and pipelines
- Train company staff in relevant bioinformatics techniques and/or deploy bioinformatics solutions to meet their needs
- Provide support, mentorship and training to others
- Establishment and maintenance of documentation procedures and configuration profiles
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Core Experience and Qualifications
- A relevant post-graduate in computer science, physics, mathematics, engineering, biology, biochemistry or similar
- A strong background in mathematics and computer science
- A minimum of 5 years post-PhD experience with demonstrated track record in project management and team leadership
- Good knowledge of Unix style operating systems
- Proficient coding skills in relevant languages such as Python
- Deep knowledge of bioinformatics algorithms and toolsets
- Familiarity with data produced by modern NGS high throughput sequencing technologies
- Demonstrated prior experience of integrating diverse datasets to yield novel insights
- Good time management skills with the ability to effectively plan, prioritize and co-ordinate multiple tasks and adjust to changing priorities to deliver results to tight deadlines
- Ability to find innovative solutions to complex problems and proactively seek out continuous improvement initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships across internal and external partners
- Ability to work independently and with the flexibility to handle workflow in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with good attention to detail
Ideal Experience and Qualifications
- Use of machine learning in a variety of contexts (e.g. structure prediction, single-cell analysis)
- Experience of utilizing or managing HPC clusters
- Experience of utilizing cloud-based resources such as AWS, Azure etc
- Good understanding of cancer biology and/or immunology
- Prior experience of structural biology and molecular dynamics simulation to elucidate mechanisms of action
- Good knowledge of containerization and modern workflow management systems such as Docker, Snakemake, Nextflow or similar
Terms of employment
This is a full-time role based in Singapore.
To apply for the above role, please send a maximum 2-page resume in PDF format, detailing your education and relevant experience, and a cover letter with your motivations for applying for this position to hummingbirdbio.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=66
with the job description in the subject line.
Read more here: Source link