About the team/job
The Photolab group is responsible for the imaging, audiovisual and video production needs of EMBL and EMBO in Heidelberg. The postholder will work in a team of three audiovisual technicians, three photographers and one video producer.
Responsibilites will include:
- Audiovisual and IT support of seminars, meetings, workshops and conferences held in EMBL and EMBO buildings under the direct supervision of the Head of Photolab.
- Implement and Maintain Internal and Cloud based live and on demand streaming.
- Maintain Zoom based Videoconferencing EMBL wide, including the licensing and support of users.
- Work closely with the AV and Conference organisers to design, implement and maintain virtual conference platforms.
- Planning of technical set-ups and support meeting organizers, including for VIP and offsite events.
- Supervise and maintain the physical meeting and conference
The position involves weekday and limited weekend work responsibilities, which is included in the 39 hour/week allocation. Compensated overtime may be required during busy periods.
We are looking for an AV technician or IT Engineer who has extensive experience in audiovisual support and maintenance together with integration. Higher AV and/or IT qualifications and certification would be an advantage although our priority is experience, including familiarity with AV over IP, Dante Audio networking and NDI. In addition, the incumbent must have good communication and interpersonal skills as well as excellent English language ability.
You might also have
German language proficiency would be an advantage.
Why join us
Working for EMBL gives you an opportunity to apply your skills and energy for the greater good. EMBL is curiosity-driven, community-oriented and international. Competitive salary, a relaxed culture, ongoing professional development, an on-site nursery, canteen and library all make EMBL a great place to work. EMBL is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organisation with a very collegial and family friendly working environment.
What’s it like to work at EMBL? Hear what some of our staff have to say on our YouTube channel s.embl.org/lifeatembl.
What else do I need to know
We are Europe’s flagship research laboratory for the life sciences – an intergovernmental organisation performing scientific research in disciplines including molecular biology, physics, chemistry and computer science. We are an international, innovative and interdisciplinary laboratory with approx. 2 000 employees from many nations, operating across six sites, in Heidelberg (HQ), Barcelona, Hinxton near Cambridge, Hamburg, Grenoble and Rome.
Please note that appointments on fixed term contracts can be renewed for up to 9 years in total, depending on circumstances at the time of the review.
Read more here: Source link