Who we are:
At PrognomiQ, we aim to transform healthcare by generating and using systems biology data to develop and commercialize tests for early detection and treatment of cancer and other complex diseases. PrognomiQ leverages leading proteomics technology, including the Proteograph product suite from Seer, as part of a multi-omics platform that provides an unprecedented molecular view of health and disease. We are a team of experienced and accomplished scientists supported by a group of leading investors in healthcare and technology.
Would you like to be part of a team that is at the leading edge of molecular data generation and analyses that changes how cancer and other complex diseases are detected and treated? Do you aspire to be on the cutting edge of ‘omics technology and data science development? Are you looking to be part of a world class scientific team striving to bring disruptive solutions to market? Do you thrive in an environment of cross-functional disciplines and innovation?
Description of role:
As a key member of PrognomiQ’s multi-omics data science team, you’ll be critical to the success of our mission to build disruptive diagnostic tests. You’ll apply pioneering computational methods to analyze data from a number of different molecular sources (methylomics, transcriptomics, miRNA-omics, etc.) in order to extract biological insights. You’ll work closely with assay development scientists to transform these insights into novel products. You’ll work within a highly interdisciplinary group, uniting scientists with a broad range of expertise (genomics, proteomics, etc.) in order to develop a systems biology approach to integrating multiple signals into a unified disease detection model.
PrognomiQ is combining the breakthrough advances in proteomic profiling made possible by Seer Bio’s Proteograph Product Suite with cutting edge next generation sequencing (NGS) technologies in order to revolutionize non-invasive diagnostics. Highly motivated experts passionate about the life-saving potential of innovative new diagnostic technologies such as yourself will be critical to our success.
- Analyze large-scale publicly available datasets as well as internally generated multi-omics data in order to identify disease-specific signals
- Research and develop novel tools, algorithms, and approaches to address the challenges associated with extracting signal from noise in ultra-low concentration circulating tumor DNA/RNA/miRNA
- Build analysis pipelines using workflow tools in order to rapidly and efficiently process data as it is generated
- Document results of analyses and investigations in a reproducible manner and communicate insights to both experts and non-experts
- Further PrognomiQ’s mission by proposing innovative approaches to disease detection and integrating your insights with those of the multi-disciplinary team
- Ph.D. in bioinformatics, computational biology, or related field. 3+ years relevant industry experience (preferred)
- Expertise in multi-omic NGS data generation, processing, and analysis – from raw sequencer output to biological insight
- Proficiency in at least one general purpose coding language such as Python or R, and experience in working with high-performance computing environments and data workflow managers (AWS preferred)
- Demonstrated skills in proper experimental design, troubleshooting challenges, and interpreting complex data
- Excellent communications and presentation skills, as well as the ability to work across functional teams
- Desire to focus on breakthroughs in an exciting, fast-paced startup environment
Equal Opportunity Employment:
PrognomiQ is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship.
Read more here: Source link