We are seeking a Bioinformatics Software Engineer to collaboratively develop software systems and pipelines for automated processing and analysis to support our data scientists and collaborators working on an outstanding pipeline of drugs to treat and cure cancer. In this hands-on role, you will:
- contribute to software solutions that marshal and transform genomic and other biomarker data from pre-clinical and clinical projects to enable data scientists to derive scientific insights more quickly
- work in smaller teams on projects that directly impact data scientists’ research
- work collaboratively within a larger engineering team following agile practices
- be curious and enjoy learning new tools, techniques, and technologies relevant to software engineering and bioinformatics
- be passionate about developing clean, maintainable code with an eye towards excellence, and consider both the short-term and long-term impact
- contribute to development, optimization & automation of bioinformatics pipelines and data engineering workflows
- follow Software Engineering standard methodologies with strong testing and release processes
- collaborate and interact with scientists to understand the problem domain and find opportunities to accelerate their work
- contribute as needed to data mining and visualization applications
- stay current with new technologies and standard methodologies related to bioinformatics pipeline development, software development, data visualization
EEO Statement The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.Minimum RequirementsYou will have:
- B.S./M.S. in Computer Science or Bioinformatics, with 2-4 years of related professional experience
- Domain knowledge in bioinformatics and experience in working with omics data
- Experience with a combination of Python, R
- Experience working in Linux environment and proven knowledge of Linux command line utilities
- Experience with Software Engineering practices and tools such as agile, JIRA, git, etc.
- Experience with relational and/or non-relational databases
- Experience with technologies like Fast API, AWS, HPC compute clusters, etc, and with lightweight visualization tools such as RShiny, Plotly
- Experience architecting robust, maintainable and scalable multi-tier solutions
Why consider Novartis?
769 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2020. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team’s representative of the patients and communities we serve.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Read more here: Source link