Champions Oncology is a technology-enabled research organization that leverages an end-to-end range of research and development solutions to improve the productivity of oncology drug development. Using computational and experimental testing platforms, Champions Oncology improves decision making for effective therapeutic development. Our team is passionate and self-motivated working together to accelerate the challenges of oncology drug development and ultimately improve patients’ lives around the world.
Job location: Remote, US.
As a Bioinformatics Engineer working with Champions Oncology, you’ll have a unique opportunity to make a significant impact on the field. You’ll serve as an evangelist for our Lumin Bioinformatics SaaS platform, working with clients to help them leverage Lumin in their research. You’ll also work with our bioinformatics scientists to move workflows to production, be responsible for curating bioinformatics scripts and workflows, and work with our software engineering team to ensure the platform delights scientists worldwide. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Support Lumin clients with their use of Lumin Bioinformatics
- Provide subject matter expertise to the software development team
- Curate a growing library of scripts for common bioinformatics tasks and workflows
- Help move research tools to a production environment
- Document workflows and common tasks
- Help manage custom analysis projects for clients
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- MS or Ph.D. in Bioinformatics or related degree
- Significant experience with both R and Python
- Experience with NGS pipelines, particularly Nextflow
- 5+ years of professional bioinformatics experience
- Experience with Jira, AWS, Git, New Relic, Selenium desired
- Excellent communication skills
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Champions Oncology is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Read more here: Source link