Asuragen, a Bio-Techne brand, is a global molecular diagnostics product and solutions company, and we use our unique combination of proprietary chemistry and bioinformatics to develop products that address unmet needs for both clinical research and diagnostic laboratories. Our product portfolio is comprised of reagent kits and software for Genetics and Oncology applications.
As an Advanced/Senior Bioinformatics Analyst, you will advance new technologies and analysis platforms within our early-stage research group. Leveraging a strong computational background and bioinformatics expertise, you will design and deliver innovative algorithms and pipelines to enable accurate, streamlined, and clinically meaningful analyses on long-read sequencing platforms. Working collaboratively and cross-functionally with other scientists, you will enable novel projects at the interface of the computational and molecular sciences, directly influencing the future of our research and product roadmaps.
This position is open to local (Austin, TX) or remote applicants.
What you will do
- Support research projects that advance Asuragen’s technical capabilities to enable new and meaningful products to address unserved clinical markets
- Develop and document cutting edge end-to-end computational solutions and software in support of Asuragen’s research and future product initiatives
- Lead the design and development of innovative algorithms that will provide crucial clinically relevant information
- Collaborate with other bioinformatics scientists and interdisciplinary teams
- Mentor and train cross-functional staff in the interpretation of bioinformatics and computational method outputs
- Effectively communicate scientific topics and project outcomes both internally and externally
Who You Are & What You Bring
- A natural problem solver with an innovative mindset coupled with strong technical acumen
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of industry experience in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field
- Experience developing modern machine learning algorithms, such as deep learning
- Experience developing algorithms and pipelines for one or more sequencing technologies
- Experience performing analyses and developing software in a Linux environment
- Strong working knowledge of Python
- Experience with data science APIs, tools, and frameworks such as Keras, TensorFlow, scikit-learn, NumPy, SciPy, containerization (e.g. Docker), or version control (e.g. git)
- Demonstrated ability and enthusiasm for working in a multi-disciplinary team setting
- Able to work independently and deliver on assigned projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ideal candidates will also possess one or more of the following experience/skills:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field
- Experience with analyzing and interpreting long-read sequencing data
- Experience working and developing in an HPC environment
What We Offer
We have an incredibly talented group of down-to-earth professionals with the experience, drive and creativity to make Asuragen a world-class global diagnostics company. Our workplace is full of enthusiastic, hardworking and intelligent people with bold ideas and the determination to see them through.
Our best-in-class diagnostic tests are used throughout a patient’s lifespan by laboratories worldwide. Asuragen is located in Austin, TX, which offers top-notch technology, educational, and business benefits.
Asuragen provides a competitive salary, medical, dental, disability and life insurance, a 401(k) plan with company matching, an employee bonus plan, and a tuition reimbursement plan. We are an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
Asuragen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Read more here: Source link