Basepair develops SaaS to manage, analyze and interpret next generation sequencing (NGS) data. Scientists and physicians working in molecular diagnostics, biopharma, assay development at top universities like Harvard, Stanford, NYU, UCSD, etc. use Basepair to make breakthrough medical discoveries and provide better medical care to patients. Founded by a scientist from Harvard Medical School, Basepair is driven by the mission to use technology to improve healthcare. Our team is analytical, fast-paced and informal.
We are funded by venture capital and NIH, and we are growing rapidly. We are looking for a technically skilled and detail-oriented scientist to join our bioinformatics team remotely. Your goal is to develop, validate and update best-in-class NGS pipelines. You will communicate with existing and prospective users to answer questions about our software, perform custom analyses, and help guide strategic scientific direction for Basepair. You will be the face of Basepair’s bioinformatics expertise, conducting webinars, publishing content, etc.
- Develop, validate and update best-practices pipelines for variant calling, gene expression, epigenetics, single cell RNA-Seq, etc.
- Have knowledge of public datasets and consortiums
- Perform custom bioinformatics analysis for users
- Conduct webinar, QnA, etc. to introduce NGS pipelines to bench scientists
- Write white papers and blogs
- Represent Basepair at conferences and meetings
What you will need for this position
- Masters or PhD with 3+ years of experience in bioinformatics, computational biology or related field
- 2+ years of experience of building NGS pipelines
- 2+ years of Python programming, data visualization, ability to read and modify other people’s source code
- Proficiency in Linux, setting up servers, installing packages, bash scripting, etc.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and manage your time productively
- Excellent communication skills, including scientific writing
Additional desired qualifications
- Experience with cloud computing (AWS), docker, etc
- Proficiency in R
- Experience with CWL, WDL
- Familiarity with molecular biology and NGS library preparation techniques
- Previous startup and remote work experience is a plus
This is an opportunity to make a significant impact at an early stage startup. We’re a small team working closely together to make people’s lives better! Your voice will be heard and you will have the autonomy to set your vision. We strongly encourage ongoing learning to be the best in your position. We provide a competitive salary, meaningful equity, excellent healthcare and other benefits.
While half the team works out of our New York office, we are a remote-friendly company. We want to hire the best talent, and people who work at Basepair can live and work from anywhere they want.
Read more here: Source link