Honeycomb Biotechnologies is an early-stage company focused on making scalable solutions for storage and single cell genomic analysis of precious clinical samples. We enable translation of the rich biological information encoded in clinical specimens into high-resolution digital information, which can be queried and analyzed with sequencing. The resulting exponential growth in knowledge about the state of each person’s health and disease will enable the identification of new therapies and better targeting of current medicines in the era of precision medicine. Our first product is the “HIVE” – a single-use disposable device that is used (without any Honeycomb-specific instrumentation or equipment) for capturing, storing, and analyzing biological samples with single-cell resolution. Join our team focused on providing basic and clinical researchers with better solutions for understanding health and disease.
We are seeking a candidate with excellent computational and data analysis skills and a high aptitude for applications and technologies for single-cell genomics. This role will participate in the interactions between customers, sales/support/marketing contributors, and product developers. In particular, the position will be responsible for contributing to pipeline development, analyzing sequencing data (i.e., primary analysis), and participating in computational and secondary analysis assignments to uncover features from datasets that will inform on product improvements, technical troubleshooting, and detection of biological signals from customers, collaborators, and internal projects. This role provides a rich opportunity to exercise and grow technical and interpersonal skills associated with single-cell analysis technology and product development and support of early adopters, collaborators, and customers.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
- Execute primary analysis pipeline
- Create or modify pipelines based on internal or customer feedback
- Participate in feature improvements, bug-fixing, and deployment of Honeycomb software and pipeline(s)
- Examine datasets (secondary analysis) to detect signals associated with technology performance or customer / collaborator projects (i.e., biological signals).
- Interact with customers and customer support staff
- Participate in product development initiatives including product improvements, assay and application development, and next-generation product(s) feasibility and development
- Liaise between technical product developers and customers to provide problem-solving support
- PhD training in Biology, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated single-cell informatics software and pipeline experience
- Familiarity in UNIX/Linux environments
- Experience with single-cell analysis software (e.g., Seurat Scanpy)
- Familiarity with cloud compute services (e.g., Google Cloud, AWS)
- Strong expertise with Next Generation Sequencing technologies and data
- Experience with ATAC-Seq, TCR/BCR Analysis is a plus
- Knowledge of good practices for software product development
- Comfortable in fast-paced and dynamic environment of early product commercialization
- Aptitude for creative problem-solving and excellent trouble-shooting skills
- Excellent organization, task planning, interpersonal, and teamwork skills
- Self-starter who requires minimal supervision to be productive
- Authorization to work in the United States
Read more here: Source link