Natera™ is a global leader in cell-free DNA (cfDNA) testing with a focus on women’s health, oncology, and organ health. To bolster our oncology solutions, we are looking for a Bioinformatics Engineer to provide analytical and data management support for Natera’s oncology product. The Bioinformatics Engineer will act as a collaborative bioinformatics analyst role between the product and development teams by completing projects for the Oncology bioinformatics pipelines.
This role will be responsible for providing solutions to issues and questions from the product teams, including data analytics and data engineering for the bioinformatics pipelines. They will also document and improve bioinformatics workflows for our oncology products and acting as a technical engineer between the software engineering team and research and development team.
- Minimum of 2 years of practical experience in genomic analysis.
- MSc in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Biostatistics, similar field, or equivalent.
- Candidates with experience in running and maintaining data analysis systems are encouraged to apply.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of genomics and relevant NGS analyses (demultiplexing, mapping, variant calling, etc.).
- Solid programming skills in Python and Java.
- Experience using Linux command-line tools and relational databases (SQL).
- Experience with a scientific programming environment, such as R.
- Experience with either AWS or Google cloud computing, including building tools and workflows using cloud technologies.
- Experienced in working with an agile software development team using test-driven development and unit testing framework.
- Experience in cancer genomic data analysis or software delivery is a plus.
- Ability and desire to collaborate in cross functional teams with members from varying backgrounds.
- Team player, self-motivated and detail oriented.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Duties are typically performed in an office setting.
This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
Travel required for this position:
No ☐ or Yes ☒ : If yes state anticipated percent for travel: Rarely (less than 10%)
Read more here: Source link