- Collaborate with R&D and Field Application Scientists to develop, build, and validate bioinformatics tools starting from proof-of-concept to production-grade software.
- Apply scientific and engineering best practices to update and transition bioinformatics algorithms and pipelines from Research to Production
- Work closely with synthetic biology groups to develop and implement novel design algorithms and QC methods and tools
- Maintain production bioinformatics tools and workflows through their lifecycle
Required Skills And Experience
- PhD or equivalent in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Engineering, or another science with minimum of 2 years of industry experience
- Proven ability to conceptualize, develop, and validate novel NGS design and QC methods based on established bioinformatics algorithms (eg. alignment, variant calling, de novo assembly, etc) and tools (eg. bwa, GATK, Picard, SPAdes etc)
- Strong proficiency with Python, SQL, Bash, and Git with experience building packages with tests as well as strong written and verbal English communication skills
- Experience with working in industry Production environment including validation and documentation
- Able to effectively communicate and work remotely with teams using Slack, JIRA and Confluence
- Ability to troubleshoot complex issues quickly and effectively
- Excellent understanding of molecular biology, with an emphasis on DNA chemistry
- Experience with synthetic biology design and/or QC
- Experience working with Illumina sequencers, chemistry, and software
- Experience with AWS, Docker, Airflow and Kubernetes
- Experience with data science tools (Pandas, Spark)
- Experience with Rust nice to have
About Twist Bioscience Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
Read more here: Source link