Make a Big Difference
If you enjoy working with cross-functional teams on solving challenging problems in a creative way, and driving research directions, we would love to hear from you!
As a Principal Bioinformatics Scientist I, you are part of our Research and Early Development team dedicated to building innovative products and approaches for the analysis and interpretation of next-generation sequencing (NGS) data.
The science of interpreting the human genome is an exciting work in progress. Next-generation sequencing and genomic technologies are providing us with unprecedented visibility into the origins of health and disease. However, the main challenge is enabling the analysis, management and interpretation of massive datasets being produced by scientists and researchers around the world.
We know the ability to analyze and manage these datasets will revolutionize how we diagnose disease, develop drugs, and treat patients, especially in complex cases such as cancer. With a strong interdisciplinary knowledge in science and technology, we are elevating the speed and quality of genomic analysis, bringing us one step closer to solutions that will change and save lives.
We are seeking a committed and driven Principal Bioinformatics Scientist for our Bioinformatics Research and Early Development team. We have a team of skilled bioinformatics researchers working in a highly collaborative environment with multiple internal and external teams. The work will be focused on developing novel methods and applications for analyzing biological data, including but not limited to sequencing data from multiple technologies. The applications incorporate developing algorithms as well as advanced data analytics to extract the maximum insights from data. As a researcher, the work is expected to be of high scientific rigor with attention to detail.
- Evaluate existing bioinformatics approaches and develop novel methods to push the state of the art.
- Document your methods and analyses to allow reproducible research
- Present and communicate your findings in cross-functional teams.
- Provide feedback and suggest research directions based on analyses performed.
Who You AreWhen you join us, you will have meaningful work developing an innovative technology that saves and improves lives around the world. As you collaborate with some of the best in the industry, you will make a huge difference in disease diagnostics! Our team is collaborative and fast-paced. And, we offer a competitive salary with a rich benefits package.
- Bachelor’s degree with 9+ years of relevant experience. Advanced degree is highly preferred with a Master’s degree in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computer Science, Computational Biology, or a related discipline and 7+ years of relevant experience or a PhD and 4+ years related experience.
- In-depth experience in secondary analysis tools, algorithms, databases for sequencing data.
- In-depth experience with analyzing genome sequencing data from both short- and long-read technologies.
- Good knowledge in genomics and/or statistics.
- Proficiency in programming, e.g. Python, R, Java, C++.
- Skills in data analytics or data science are a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Team player known for your fanatical attention to detail at scale in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record in presenting and publishing scientific articles.
Who We AreGenentech, a member of the Roche group and founder of the biotechnology industry, is dedicated to pursuing groundbreaking science to discover and develop medicines for people with serious and life-threatening diseases. To solve the world’s most complex health challenges, we ask bigger questions that challenge our industry and the boundaries of science to transform society. Our transformational discoveries include the first targeted antibody for cancer and the first medicine for primary progressive multiple sclerosis.
Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) are critical to the success of our company and our impact on society. We believe that by championing diversity of background, thought and experience, we can foster a sense of belonging and provide an environment where every employee feels valued, included, and able to contribute their best for the patients we serve. We’re focused on attracting, retaining, developing and advancing our people to their full potential by rewarding bold ways of thinking and integrating inclusive behaviors into every aspect of our work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the “Apply for this job” button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page .
Job Facts JOB FUNCTION
Research Informatics COMPANY/DIVISION
Full time JOB TYPE
Read more here: Source link