At Seer, we are passionate about empowering our customers to expand scientific discoveries and achieve exceptional scientific outcomes. Our team is growing quickly as we develop innovative approaches to solve complex biological questions. And we believe the next frontier in biology is enabled through a clearer and more complete view of the proteome – something that Seer can uniquely deliver. As we build our team, we are looking for collaborative, driven, intellectually curious people who are committed to solving complex challenges. Our culture rewards accountability and cross functional teamwork, because we believe that this enables the kind of breakthrough thinking that will accelerate our mission.
The Role & The Team
Reporting to the Principal Bioinformatics Scientist in the Data Science group, we are seeking a Bioinformatics Scientist at the Junior, Senior or Staff level to join our bioinformatics algorithm team based in our Redwood City office. This team implements and develops methods for proteomics molecular profiling, leveraging Seer’s proprietary technology platform and the latest generation of mass spectrometers. The driving focus of this team is to extract value and insights from large scale datasets produced by Seer-technology.
As a member of the bioinformatics algorithm team, Seer’s new Bioinformatics Scientist will be empowered to develop algorithms, statistical methods, and build out our bioinformatics infrastructure. A successful candidate is likely to have a background in bioinformatics, computational biology, or computer science. This role requires superior skills in algorithms, statistics and software development, as well as the ability to collaborate effectively across teams with diverse expertise.
Responsibilities & Goals
The bioinformatics algorithm team is focused on developing novel methods for analyzing our proteomics molecular profiling data. Areas of specific responsibility and attention will include:
- Support proteomics and multi-omics data discovery activities through the design and delivery of novel algorithms, statistical methods, tools and techniques
- Apply novel methods to internal and external data to demonstrate impact
- Work closely with the Data Engineering, Software, Machine Learning, Mass Spectrometry, Assay, Materials Technology, Marketing groups
- Present results in external venues such as conferences and webinars.
- Provide training and advice to scientists on optimal use of key data and analysis
- Promote a culture of knowledge sharing across domains to proactively support sharing of best practices among informatics and science teams
Background & Qualifications
The successful candidate for the position of Senior Bioinformatics Scientist must have a demonstrated record of accomplishments in academia or industry. The ideal candidate will have had significant experience executing many complex large-scale biological data analyses and building new tools. Candidates must bring a strong entrepreneurial orientation along with teamwork skills and an absolute commitment to competing with the highest level of integrity.
- PhD (or equivalent) in relevant discipline
- Title commensurate with years of experience in the life-sciences industry setting (biotech start-up experience preferred) with a focus on life science tools and applications (0-8 years)
- Demonstrated understanding of algorithms and statistical methods in proteomics, genomics and/or genetics
- Expertise in software development (Java, C++, C#, Python and/or R) and demonstrated ability to write readable, well-documented, and unit-tested code
- Strong written and oral communications skills, with demonstrated experience in cross-functional and timely communication
- Strong and collaborative work ethic; must be a self-starter and persistent in achieving objectives to support Seer’s scientific and business goals
- Must work well in a small team setting, with ability to work independently and collaboratively, while meeting scheduled deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized, exceptional attention to detail, and strong proficiency in documentation skills
See Yourself at Seer?
We encourage you to submit your resume today. We look forward to hearing from you!
Seer is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read more here: Source link