- Familiar with the regulatory requirements specific to the lab.
- Be highly organized, able to multi-task, and pay close attention to details.
- Ability to accept direction from reporting officer and work in a collaborative manner to achieve development goals is important.
- Experience with next generation sequencing techniques (e.g. ChIP-Seq, ATAC-Seq, RNA-seq etc)
- Analysing sequencing data for the development of cancer diagnostic tests (eg. RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq).
- Analysing the genomics data to obtain insights on
- predict risk of cancer development and cancer progression and
- provide personalized, molecularly-driven therapeutic recommendations.
- Collaborating with clinicians and scientists by contributing bioinformatics expertise.
- Assume responsibility of building, enhancing, and curating in-house databases of seqeuncing data drawing from both internal and external data sets (e.g. exome/genome/transcriptome sequencing etc).
- Report to Post Doctoral Fellow on the outcome of results and data.
- Resolve problems by consulting with Post Doctoral Fellow and PI.
- Qualification: Bachelor or Master of Science in a Computer Science/ Biology related field (e.g. Bioinformatics, computer science, statistics, computational biology, genetics, etc.).
- Candidates with and without work experience will be considered.
- In depth knowledge on Next Generation Sequencing (NGS).
- Strong programming skills (R and/or Python preferred). Experience with tools such as RStudio and Jupyter will be valuable.
- Experience with next generation sequencing data analysis (e.g. whole-exome/whole-genome sequencing, RNA-seq, scRNA-seq, MethylSeq etc.), especially for human cancers will be advantageous.
- Skills related to machine learning and statistical modelling on heterogenous genomics datasets will be advantageous.
- Exceptional data analysis, interpretation, and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of the team.
- Excellent communication and team management skills.
- Ability to work as per ISO requirement will be advantageous.
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on its prevailing recruitment policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Read more here: Source link