At Solvuu, we are building technology to revolutionize bioinformatics and data science. We are seeking an accomplished, self-motivated and ambitious bioinformatics engineer with a strong track record in developing, executing, and maintaining bioinformatics pipelines on AWS for biotech R&D. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to drive and shape our data science division. We have offices in New York City and San Francisco but welcome remote work.
Masters or PhD in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Computational Biology, or a related discipline. A minimum of 4 years in industry writing production pipelines in a team setting is required.
- Developing and maintaining production pipelines for various secondary and tertiary bioinformatics analyses of high-throughput microarray (genotyping, methylation arrays) and NGS datasets (bulk/single-cell RNA-seq, variant calling (short variants, CNVs, SVs), ATAC-seq, 16S/metagenomics data, etc).
- Optimizing and engineering internal pipelines to be scalable, highly parameterizable, and production ready by using workflow languages.
- Leveraging cloud computing platforms like AWS for data management and pipeline execution.
- Collaborating with experimental research scientists and bioinformatics scientists to understand analytical and informatics needs.
- Documenting pipeline implementations and summarizing scientific results in reports and presentations.
- Strong proficiency in Unix, programming/scripting languages (BASH, Python), and R/Bioconductor.
- Previous experience with pipeline workflow languages utilized in bioinformatics such as CWL, Snakemake, WDL, Cromwell, or Nextflow.
- Experience installing bioinformatics tools, developing and maintaining Docker containers.
- Experience working with code repositories in a cooperative coding environment (GitHub/Bitbucket).
- Familiarity with NGS formats (FASTQ, SAM/BAM, VCF, BED) and accessing data from external resources (NCBI, dbGaP, TCGA, CCLE/DepMap, UCSC, Ensembl).
- Familiarity with at least one scientific/statistical graphics programming environment (ggplot2, dash, matplotlib, scipy, seaborn, D3.js, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter for consideration.
Read more here: Source link