We seek an experienced computational biologist / data scientist to identify and advance new immuno-oncology therapies for solid tumors and hematological malignancies.
In this hands-on role, you will work as an integral part of project teams to identify targets, advance programs, and develop and test actionable biomarker strategies for programs in Oncology. You will use single cell and bulk genomic NGS data along with flow cytometry and other high-dimensional data from in vitro, preclinical in vivo and clinical samples from internal studies and external collaborations. You will collaborate closely with laboratory scientists and project teams to design experiments and interpret results and will be responsible for presenting your work internally in project teams and larger-scale forums and externally in scientific publications and presentations.
- Develop and execute computational strategies for disease characterization from back-translational studies both to identify and to rank actionable targets / combinations.
- Develop actionable biomarker plans (e.g., selection, PD, efficacy biomarkers) in collaboration with project teams .
- Proactively engage with project teams to define crisp scientific questions that can be addressed with appropriately powered experimental designs.
- Apply scientific expertise and judgement to initiate, design, direct and analyze experiments and/or studies in support of research and/or development projects.
- Provide project teams with actionable insights and recommendations to advance drug candidates.
- Ph.D. in computational, statistical, biophysics, bioinformatics, or a related field with emphasis on biological data analysis.
- A minimum of 5 years pharmaceutical or biotech experience in bioinformatics focused on oncology, immunology, or a related field.
Specific Skills and Competencies:
An ideal candidate will be collaborative, self-directed and possess the following competencies:
- Demonstrated expertise in Oncology or Immune-Oncology.
- Prior expertise in analyzing and integrating single cell RNAseq, CITE-seq and BCR/TCR datasets.
- Familiarity with standard methods for bioinformatic data analysis and reference datasets for gene expression, mutations, and related platforms.
- Proficiency in bioinformatic analysis using R or Python.
- Demonstrated contributions to multi-disciplinary collaborations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Read more here: Source link