Verve Therapeutics is a biotechnology company created with a singular focus: to protect the world from heart disease. Founded by world-leading experts in cardiovascular medicine, human genetics, and gene editing, the company aims to develop transformative, once-and-done therapies for coronary heart disease. Verve’s gene-editing medicines are designed to safely edit the genome of adults and mimic naturally occurring gene variants to permanently lower LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels. The company is advancing a pipeline of precision genetic medicines, led by VERVE-101, which is being developed initially for heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia, a potentially fatal genetic heart disease. In 2020 and 2021, Verve was selected as the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal and one of the Endpoints 11, which recognizes the most promising startups in biotech. Verve is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Verve Therapeutics is looking for a bioinformatics expert to join our computational biology team. If you are passionate about having an impact in improving the lives of patients with cardiovascular disease by means of cutting-edge gene-editing platforms, we would love to hear from you!
- Build production-scale pipelines for the analysis of diverse sequencing data
- Port existing pipelines into AWS, incorporating containers and workflow systems.
- Contribute towards the development of analysis pipelines for newly established assays.
- Collaborate closely with experimental biologists and chemists in the design, analysis, and communication of scientific results by meaningful visualization.
- Ph.D. (+ 0 years experience) or M.S. (+ 2 years experience) in a relevant quantitative field required.
- Experience analyzing NGS data required
- Experience with cloud computing environments preferred
- Knowledge of Workflow DSLs like Nextflow preferred
- Ability to interface with APIs to integrate external systems preferred
- Basic understanding of molecular biology and sequencing technologies
Verve Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies
Verve Therapeutics does not accept agency resumes unless contacted directly by internal Verve Talent Acquisition. Please do not forward resumes to Verve employees or any other company location; Verve Therapeutics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read more here: Source link