GRAIL is a healthcare company whose mission is to detect cancer early, when it can be cured. GRAIL is focused on alleviating the global burden of cancer by developing pioneering technology to detect and identify multiple deadly cancer types early. The company is using the power of next-generation sequencing, population-scale clinical studies, and state-of-the-art computer science and data science to enhance the scientific understanding of cancer biology, and to develop its multi-cancer early detection blood test. GRAIL is headquartered in Menlo Park, CA with locations in Washington, D.C., North Carolina, and the United Kingdom. It is supported by leading global investors and pharmaceutical, technology, and healthcare companies. For more information, please visit www.grail.com.
The Data Engineering group, under the Data Science and Biostatistics organization, is looking to hire an experienced Bioinformatics and Data Engineer (BXDE) to help grow our ability to transform raw data into meaningful insights while maintaining data integrity and protecting data usage.
The BXDE will partner with computational, engineering, and business functions to co-develop data solutions for the GRAIL product pipeline, as well as help establish a research data model to support the variety of data needs of the Research and Development organization including the application of statistical analysis and/or machine learning to help identify patterns and discover insights in data of high complexity and volume.
* Define and develop data asset creation workflows for clinical study data, from data pre-processing and automation through data dissemination.
* Assist in developing and managing interactive data visualization and analytics tools for reporting and trending.
* Play a key role in understanding user requirements, implementing systems, and authoring procedures related to system use.
* Identify new technologies, concepts, and methodologies to address complex and evolving needs of study teams and other data consumers.
* Maintain data integrity and completeness flowing throughout the data lifecycle, including ensuring clinical study-related blinding where appropriate.
Your background includes:
* BS/MS in a quantitative scientific field (computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics, bioinformatics, etc.) with 3 – 5 years of experience.
* Experience with R or Python programming and at least one system-level programming language like Go, Java, or C++.
* Experience with SQL development and data warehousing concepts (e.g. ETL/ELT).
* Experience with AWS. Familiarity with AWS Athena, Glue, Data Pipeline a plus.
* Experience with a workflow engine, like Reflow or NextFlow a plus.
* Experience with multi-functional collaboration while ensuring data quality and dedication to analysis reproducibility.
* Experience working with business teams on sophisticated problems and translating them into efficient, scalable, and easy-to-maintain data engineering solutions.
* Experience with next-generation sequencing data is a plus.
* Excellent interpersonal communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
* Consistent dedication to delivering on team goals with a sense of shared urgency!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
GRAIL, Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries (“GRAIL”) does not accept any liability for fees for resumes from recruiters or employment agencies (“Agency”), without a binding, written recruitment agreement between GRAIL and Agency describing the services and specific job openings (“Agreement”). GRAIL may consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume and explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the Agency, unless an Agreement is in place. Any email or verbal contacts with any person within GRAIL is inadequate to create a binding agreement. Agencies without an Agreement are requested not to contact any hiring managers of GRAIL with recruiting inquiries or resumes. Agencies interested in partnering with GRAIL may contact GRAIL’s HR Department through our Customer Service team.
Read more here: Source link