In this role, a typical day might include performing the following:
- Work with experimentalists in PTTD to understand the scientific drivers of their bioinformatics needs.
- Develop and maintain automated analysis workflows for a variety of scientific purposes.
- Use on-premises and remote computing platforms to automate and accelerate analyses.
- Identify or develop novel data analysis algorithms and software.
- Work with other bioinformaticians to enhance existing pipelines, share methodologies, and develop best practices.
- Effectively communicate bioinformatics methodologies and scientific approaches to a variety of technical audiences.
This Job Might Be For You If
- You enjoy working productively in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- You have an eye for detail and pride yourself on the quality of your work.
- With your sleeves rolled up, you work on current problems while thinking of future solutions.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
To be considered for the role, you must have a PhD in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or related field as well as experience with conducting bioinformatics analysis and building pipelines (e.g. data integration, biostatistics, querying databases, etc.). Strong background (2+ years) in Python or R. Familiarity in working in a Linux environment command-line environment, including shell scripting. Strong familiarity with biostatistics, as well as advanced data plotting with Python or R packages. Familiarity with code version control systems such as git, subversion, CVS. Can effectively communicate complex concepts to collaborators from a wide range of backgrounds. A background in a biological field (eg. genetics, genomics, immunology, etc), preferred. Experience developing Python and shell scripts as command line applications, preferred. 2+ years of experience working with database queries, APIs and database management systems such as MySQL and Oracle, preferred.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
Read more here: Source link