For this role we’re seeking a passionate bioinformatics expert who enjoys analyzing data as well as building great software. If you’ve got the basics to build on, send us your résumé! We’d love to meet you and learn more.
- Implement and explore new algorithms to enhance the analysis of long-read data.
- Work collaboratively across multiple R&D groups to develop analysis pipelines for many diverse applications (e.g. isoform phasing, genome assembly, structural variant detection).
- Bioinformatic analysis and benchmark studies of software to support development.
- Summarize, document, and present your work to different teams across the company.
- MSc with at least 2+ years related experience in life sciences
- Strong bioinformatics fundamentals
- Proficiency writing Python, or a compiled programming language (e.g. C++ or Nim)
- Demonstrated knowledge of common bioinformatic tools, e.g samtools, bcftools, minimap2, IGV.
- Experience using software version control, GitHub
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with working cross-functionally
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing responsibilities
- MSc and/or PhD with bioinformatics background
- Strong design and programming skills using modern C++
- Experience with Agile software development
- Experience with workflow software, e.g. Snakemake, Nextflow, WDL
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional tasks and responsibilities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
Read more here: Source link