Fulgent is a leader in genetic and genomic clinical testing, a publicly traded company located in Los Angeles, California. We are a technology-driven company with extensive academic/clinical experience and capabilities in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and bioinformatics. This distinction has advanced us to the forefront of the rapidly advancing genetic and genomic testing industry.
Fulgent’s unique chemistries and superior proprietary bioinformatics pipelines have propelled our explosive growth in recent years. We offer the most expansive set of clinical genetic tests in the world, including 22,000+ single gene tests, 900+ preset panels, rearrangement testing, clinical exome/trios, whole exome/trios, whole genome and our All-in-One reflex test. We are a CLIA and CAP accredited laboratory. Fulgent has state-of-the-art clinical, sequencing and bioinformatics tools, including the latest Illumina sequencers such as the NovaSeq.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
As a Bioinformatics Scientist, you will collaborate in cross-functional teams to design, implement and continually improve advanced computational pipelines for high-throughput analysis of multiple types of NGS data. You will refine methodologies for data analysis, processing, visualization and storage. You will strive to maximize efficiency, quality, reliability and customer usability and satisfaction.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS:
Research and Development
- Investigate and compare available algorithms, methods and data sources.
- Make recommendations for pipeline component improvements, or new pipelines.
- Write SOPs for new or updated pipeline components, or new pipelines.
- Write specifications for implementation by software developers.
- Oversee pipeline development and integration.
Production and Customer Support
- Investigate and resolve analysis and pipeline production issues.
- Review client projects for compatibility with current pipelines, make recommendations and implement customizations as needed.
- Oversee sequencing service projects, ensuring timely processing, quality results and client satisfaction.
- Support software and LIMS developers in automation efforts.
- Perform specialized analyses as needed for specific projects.
- Keep up-to-date with current best practices and emerging methods.
- Treat data with a high level of integrity and ethics.
- Investigate available annotation and reference data sources.
- Validate and deploy/update selected data sources.
- Write reports detailing validation/update methodology and results.
- Write SOPs for updating existing or new data sources.
- Develop appropriate procedures for testing and validation of new or updated pipelines or pipeline components.
- Document and maintain data used for testing and validation.
- Write validation reports detailing validation methodology and results.
KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- Ph.D. degree from an accredited institution in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in a related scientific discipline (Bioinformatics preferred).
- Experience analyzing multiple types of next-generation sequencing (NGS) data, and facility with statistics for big data analysis and multi-omics data integration.
- Strong hands-on skills in bioinformatics databases, bioinformatics tools and relevant programming languages.
- Must enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary and collaborative environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot both individually and as part of a team.
- Excellent oral and written skills with the ability to communicate in an open, transparent, timely and consistent manner.
- Experience in team software development and integration projects is a plus.
- Director of Bioinformatics
Fulgent Therapeutics LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position.
Safety and Work Environment:
- General office environment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and orderly work area.
- Adheres to Department Specific Safety Guidelines.
- Standing, sitting, walking, bending, reaching, manual manipulation, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
Read more here: Source link