Associate Bioinformatics Data Scientist (80 – 100%)
Back to Previous Page
Job ID 326990BR Position Title Associate Bioinformatics Data Scientist (80 – 100%) Apply to Job
250! The number of genomics research projects that are waiting for your data analysis expertise every year. Your work will be important towards faster discovery and development of next generation breakthrough therapies for unmet medical need.
The Autoimmunity, Transplantation and Inflammation (ATI) Disease Area at the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR) in Basel is looking for a motivated Associate Bioinformatics Data Scientist to join the ATI Bioinformatics team.
Our team provides translational bioinformatics expertise and support to clinical and preclinical drug discovery programs targeting autoimmune diseases and chronic inflammation. We apply systems and computational biology approaches to internal and external biomedical data to enable strategies for target identification and validation, biomarker discovery, indication selection and expansion, and patient stratification through endotyping.
• Analysis, integration and visualization of different types of bulk and single cell omics data, including genomics, transcriptomics and proteomics;
• Contextualization of results from omics experiments, including correlation with phenotypes and clinical endpoints, generation and comparison of molecular signatures, pathway- and network- level analyses;
• Application of modern biostatistics and machine learning methods to high-throughput molecular data;
• Communicating with and presenting your work to a diverse audience of biologists, clinicians and data scientists.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• Master’s degree (MSc) in bioinformatics, computational biology or a related field;
• Excellent skills in data analysis, data visualization and statistical programming in R/Bioconductor; Experience with web app development (e.g., Shiny) is considered a plus;
• Good knowledge of computational, statistical and machine learning methods for handling high dimensional omics data; Experience with single cell genomics is considered a plus;
• Good understanding of biology and basic immunology concepts;
• Ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team;
• Excellent communication skills and knowledge of English (oral and written).
Why consider Novartis?
799 million! That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
Novartis are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
#LI-NOV = Novartis Division NIBR Business Unit AUTO/TRANS/INFL – NIBR Location Switzerland Site Basel Company/Legal Entity Novartis Pharma AG Functional Area Research & Development Job Type Full Time Employment Type Regular Shift Work No
Apply to Job
Access Job Account
- Jump to Comments
Read more here: Source link