The postholder will contribute to the delivery of analysis of sequencing data for international sequencing of SARS-CoV-2. This will involve running and providing training for the processing of WGS data using internal and external pipelines alongside the development of capacity to generate this information in other countries. There is also a requirement to work with stakeholders to deliver phylogenetic and variant analysis of genomes generated within this project.
- Work with stakeholders to develop and validate local processes for generating and analysing SARS-CoV-2 genomic data
- Work with existing internal and external SARS-CoV-2 pipelines to support the use of these software in analysing SARS-CoV-2 genomic data
- Provide support to stakeholders for analysis of variants, phylogeny and integration of epidemiological information
- Contribute to day-to-day running and maintenance of the software and computer systems delivering existing PHE Whole Genome Sequencing (WGS) pipelines.
- Contribute to expanding deployment of existing WGS pipelines to additional computational platforms (internal OpenStack, external cloud)
- Support the identification and sharing of best bioinformatics practice.
- Contribute to refactoring existing WGS software components
- Develop tested, validated and versioned software components for WGS analyses, incorporate into and validate new WGS pipeline versions
- Analyse data from projects to which you are assigned, accepting responsibility for generating reports within agreed timelines.
- Lead preparation of reports, posters and publications arising from the data
- Represent PHE at internal, National and International meetings.
- Work consistent with the Bioinformatics Unit quality management system, ISO and other accreditation standards; participate in quality audits to support the unit’s accredited service.
- Comply with safety and quality protocols and procedures at all times
Public Health England exists to protect and improve the nation’s health and wellbeing, and reduce health inequalities. We do this through world-leading science, knowledge and intelligence, advocacy, partnerships and the delivery of specialist public health services. We are an executive agency of the Department of Health and Social Care, and a distinct delivery organisation with operational autonomy. We provide government, local government, the NHS, Parliament, industry and the public with evidence-based professional, scientific and delivery expertise and support
Read more here: Source link