Principal/Senior Data Scientist, Bioinformatics
Who we are:
At PrognomiQ, we aim to develop and commercialize transformative tests for early detection and treatment of cancer and other complex diseases. To accomplish this, we are leveraging leading proteomics technology, including the Proteograph product suite from Seer Bio, in combination with other multi-omics assays to develop unprecedented molecular views of health and disease. We are a team of experienced and accomplished scientists supported by a group of leading investors in healthcare and technology.
Would you like to be at the leading edge of molecular data generation and analyses that changes how cancer and other complex diseases are detected and treated? Or are you looking to bring innovative and disruptive solutions to market? If you answer “yes” to either of these questions, let us know by applying!
Description of role:
As a key member of PrognomiQ’s bioinformatics team, you’ll be integral to the success of our mission to develop highly accurate and cost-effective diagnostic tests.
- Critically analyze multi-omics data, including proteomics, metabolomics, methylomics, and micro/transcriptomics to identify disease-specific signals.
- Research and develop novel methods and approaches to integrate across diverse molecular assay platforms and extract meaningful biological insights.
- Contribute reproducible, reusable, and robust code for data analyses and infrastructure pipelines.
- Document results of analyses and investigations in a reproducible manner and communicate insights to both experts and non-experts via presentations and publications.
- Work effectively within an interdisciplinary environment that encompasses experts in oncology, molecular biology, assay development, and data science to further develop our platforms and products.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in bioinformatics, biostatistics, computational biology, or related discipline.
- Prior research experience in biomarker discovery, drug development, diagnostics, or oncology.
- A solid understanding of state-of-the-art analysis methods for >= 1 molecular data type.
- Proficiency in at least one general purpose coding language such as Python or R.
- A record of achievement as evidenced by quality publications or positions of increasing responsibility in industry.
- Excellent communication skills and the willingness to work towards larger team goals.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
PrognomiQ is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship.
Read more here: Source link