About Champions Oncology
Champions Oncology, Inc. provides an end-to-end range of research and development solutions and services that improve the productivity of oncology drug development. Using both in vitro to in vivo testing platforms companies can leverage the expertise at Champions Oncology to help guide decision making for clinical development scenarios.
Champions Oncology is a technology-enabled research organization that leverages an end-to-end range of research and development solutions to improve the productivity of oncology drug development. Using computational and experimental testing platforms, Champions Oncology improves decision making for effective therapeutic development. Our team is passionate and self-motivated working together to accelerate the challenges of oncology drug development and ultimately improve patients’ lives around the world.
Job location: Remote, US
The Principal Scientist, Bioinformatics will work with our Lumin development teams and other stakeholders to develop advanced multi-omic bioinformatic workflows and to design machine learning and deep learning algorithms for the Lumin Bioinformatics platform. Duties and responsibilities include:
- As a player/coach, directly contribute to the execution of our informatic strategy and mentor a team.
- Deep familiarity with workflows for NGS sequencing analysis.
- Develop and implement innovative computational approaches for the analysis of large sequence datasets from NGS technologies.
- Assist, collaborate and consult with external and internal researchers on the analyses and interpretation of cancer NGS data.
- Interpret and present the results of the computational and statistical analyses to collaborators and coworkers.
- Collaborate with the software engineering team to ensure pipeline upgrades and new pipelines are properly implemented in our production workflow manager.
- Mentor Bioinformatics Analysts and Programmers.
- Help identify relevant funding opportunities interests and participate in grant writing.
- Publish developed methods and scientific findings in scientific journals and give presentations at conferences.
- Stay current on innovations in DNA sequencing technologies and analyses.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- PhD. in bioinformatics, computational biology, genetics, computer science or similar required, or master’s degree plus 5 year’s work experience.
- Experience in cancer genomics required.
- Experience managing and working with next generation sequencing data required.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the use of existing bioinformatics tools and biological databases.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Proven project management skills.
- Experience with cloud computing environments (optional).
- Programming skills required; proficiency in python and R required, as well as willingness to learn new programming languages as necessary.
- Experience working in Linux and running tasks in a cloud environment (e.g., SGE) required.
- Experience working in teams centered around a biological question and with external collaborators required.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not proscribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Champions Oncology is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Read more here: Source link