6500 – The number of associates in the Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR). This division is the innovation engine of Novartis, focusing on powerful new technologies that have the potential to help produce therapeutic breakthroughs for patients.
We are seeking a bioinformatics scientist to coordinate the processing and quality control of next-generation sequencing (NGS) data from pre-clinical and clinical trial samples. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with software engineers, computational biologists and data scientists to advance Novartis’ efforts in Oncology precision medicine.
Your Key Responsibilities:
• Develop pipelines and bioinformatics workflows to support new assays and analytic approaches
• Contribute to meticulous engineering efforts using software development standard methodologies in an Agile team by developing well-architected, cleanly written code with exemplary testing and deployment practices
• Collaborate closely with data scientists to develop new software tools and applications to support NGS data analysis, and develop automated quality control and data transfer processes
• Support production systems for DNA and RNA sequencing analysis, resolve issues as needed, and propose solutions to address root cause issues
What you’ll bring to the role:
• B.S. or M.S. in computer science, bioinformatics, biology, or related field
• Conceptual understanding of DNA-seq and RNA-seq data generation
• Experience with developing and testing software and data analysis pipelines
• Proficiency with Linux command line utilities
• Proficiency with R, Python, and HPC compute clusters
• Interest in growing knowledge of biological sciences and desire to learn about genetics and genomics
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; proven ability to work effectively within a team
• Experience with managing large clinical or genomic data sets
• Experience with developing bioinformatics workflows in Snakemake or other frameworks
• Experience with Java and automated information/sample tracking systems
• Experience with web application development, RShiny and SQL/NOSQL databases
• Experience with data engineering
• The ideal candidate would also have experience with: agile software development practices; use of JIRA and Confluence tools; software version control standard methodologies
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what’s possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team’s representative of the patients and communities we serve.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Join our Novartis Network:
If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Read more here: Source link