UMB offers a generous benefits package, which includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
UMB requires all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources.
- Contribute to genomic research projects and scientific analysis of the data generated by those projects using a variety of database and software applications. Generate, annotate, gather or analyze data and prepare for further analysis, and research.
- Following established procedures or specific scientific protocols, add value to data generated by genome sequencing projects through assembly, annotation, curation, and quality assurance.
- Perform preliminary analysis of genomic data and format for use by other analysts or scientists.
- Integrate and analyze data from genome sequencing projects, functional genomics analysis, and other school of medicine research projects.
- Organize genomic data with other relevant data types into databases, displays, or graphic presentations for publication and web presentation.
- Conduct Bayesian phylogenetic and phylodynamic data integration analysis using BEAST.
- Specializing in mathematical models for infectious disease to show transmission patterns, likely outcome of an epidemic.
- Use BEAST, Phython, R, and SAS/STATA analyze data and conduct complex statistical analysis.
- Participate to meetings, share updates on status of assigned activities, and other work responsibilities.
- Contribute to writing, editing and reviewing manuscripts, reports, posters, and presentations.
- Perform longitudinal, time series, mixed effect modeling, and logistic regression analyses.
- Construct, manage, and maintain databases.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QualificationsEducation: Bachelors in Life Sciences, including fields, i.e., Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Biochemistry, or Bioinformatics.
Experience: Six (6) years of genomic research experience with a least five (5) years experience with Windows and UNIX-based operating systems and relational database management systems. Experience with Phython and R preferred.
Other: Master’s degree in a related field is preferred and may be substituted for two (2) years of experience.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at HRJobs@umaryland.edu.
If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request. You may also contact HRDiversity@umaryland.edu. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Job: Reg or CII Exempt Staff
Shift: Day Job
Organization: School of Medicine – Institute of Human Virology
Job Posting: Sep 3, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Read more here: Source link