We are looking to recruit a Community Outreach Officer for Europe PMC to work within the Literature Services team at the European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI).
Europe PMC provides free and open access to over 39 million publications (abstracts and full text), preprints and other documents enriched with links to data, reviews, protocols, and other relevant resources. It is supported by 33 international funders of life science research, and serves as the repository of choice for the research publications they support. Europe PMC is accessed by millions of users and many researchers rely on it for their literature searches. Openness and collaboration are the values that we uphold.
As the Europe PMC Community Outreach Officer, your core mission is to engage with the research community to bring new users to the platform. To support you in this task, you will work with the Senior outreach and engagement officer, and will have input into the Europe PMC community engagement strategy. While your primary focus is to engage researchers, this will be done in the context of all our key stakeholder groups, which includes funders, programmatic users and text miners. It is expected that you will use a variety of approaches to fulfil your role.
This post is ideal for someone with excellent communication skills, who may already have experience in outreach, but also for someone trained in research, looking to take their career in a new direction. The role will involve:
- Creating content to support outreach activities. This will include, but not be limited to: articles, posters, brochures, blog posts and short videos.
- Supporting and extending Europe PMC social media channels, including Twitter, Youtube, and blogs.
- Contributing to Europe PMC website content together with the user research specialist.
- Monitoring engagement Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for reporting purposes to inform the Community Engagement strategy.
- Creating training materials and running training sessions for researchers on Europe PMC.
- Creating and delivering webinars
- Attending events, both virtually and in person, including relevant conferences, and workshops.
- Constructing and delivering presentations (talks and posters).
In this position you will find yourself working on an exciting project to benefit the wide research community in a collegial and dynamic team with an international environment. If you think you can fulfil the role and like the idea of operating in the “open data” context of EMBL-EBI, then we would like to hear from you.
Read more here: Source link