The School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of Lecturer in Bioinformatics to undertake research in the Patrick G Johnston Centre for Cancer Research and the School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences at Queen’s University Belfast (QUB). The successful candidate will develop a bioinformatics research theme in line with the School/Centre’s research strategies, teach at undergraduate and postgraduate level and contribute to the School’s administration/ outreach activity.
The successful candidate must have:
- Primary or higher degree in a life sciences, mathematics, programming or a cognate subject.
- PhD in a biomedical science, biology, or a related discipline to bioinformatics.
- A minimum of three years’ recent experience in discipline(s) related to bioinformatics
- Experience of use of the R statistical environment; python or similar higher-level scripting/programming techniques
- Recent, relevant publications in peer reviewed/refereed journals that are high quality and are commensurate with stage of career.
- Experience of working in collaborative research projects
- Experience of developing research methodologies, models, approaches and techniques
- Research profile which complements the research priorities and strengths of the School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences
- Experience of giving presentations at national and international meetings and conferences.
Informal enquires may be directed to Dr Nick Orr – email@example.com
Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
Closing date: Thursday 7 October 2021
Anticipated interview date: Tuesday 2 November 2021
Please click Apply or visit www.qub.ac.uk/jobs for further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria, the School of Medicine, Dentistry and Biomedical Sciences and our attractive reward package.
Queen’s University Belfast is recognised as one of the most diverse organisations in Northern Ireland. We are committed to equality of opportunity, fair participation and welcomes applications from all. However, our Fair Employment Equality Monitoring data tells us that individuals from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities, people with a disability and those who identify as LGBT+ and Members of the Protestant Community also currently under-represented in this category of work. As such, we particularly welcome applications for this role from individuals who identify with these backgrounds and / or communities.
For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, including our work in relation to Gender Equality (Athena SWAN), LGBTQ+ inclusion (Stonewall Workplace Equality Index), Disability and Race (Race Equality Charter) please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity and/or www.qub.ac.uk/qgi
For further information and details on the University’s Staff Networks please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
Read more here: Source link