In this role, a typical day might include the following:
- Conduct bioinformatic research to identify novel therapeutic opportunities in neurodegenerative disorders and aging.
- Develop and apply innovative algorithms including cutting-edge machine learning approaches to integrate and model multi-modality data to help understand molecular mechanisms of complex diseases.
- Design and implement tools for processing and mining proprietary and public high-throughput sequencing data, including but not limited to RNAseq, ExomeSeq, single cell sequencing, epigenetic profiling, and CRISPR screen sequencing.
- Collaborate with preclinical and clinical teams to design molecular profiling experiments, define data analysis plans, and draw rigorous actionable conclusions from complex data sets.
- Prepare clear and concise presentations and documentations for collaborators, senior management and government agencies.
- Publish and present novel findings in peer reviewed journals and conferences.
- Contribute to team efforts of developing molecular profiling strategies and establishing data analysis best practices.
This Job Might Be For You If
- You are passionate about understanding and utilizing efficient computational techniques to accelerate biological research.
- You have a strong work ethic and are proactive in providing solutions to foster scientific collaborations and drive projects forward within Regeneron.
- You can effectively communicate complex concepts to collaborators from a wide range of backgrounds.
- You possess excellent communication and presentation skills.
To be considered for this role, you must have a PhD in biomedical engineering, bioinformatics, computational biology, biophysics, chemical engineering, biostatistics or other related fields, with a track record of high quality publications. – In-depth understanding of the mathematical and statistical foundations of key bioinformatics and machine learning tools. Expertise in analyze and interpret OMICS data. Experienced in novel algorithm development in areas including but not limited to temporal analysis, causal reasoning and image analysis. High proficiency in analytical and programming tools such as Python and R, and their associated packages for statistical analysis and modeling. Familiarity with Unix/Linux, shell scripting, SGE clusters, AWS environment.
Read more here: Source link