ImmuneID aims to revolutionize therapeutic drug development by mapping immune disease drivers through our unique, high-throughput and unbiased platforms. We are seeking an Associate Director/Director, Bioinformatics/Computational Biology to join our growing team of passionate researchers focused on unlocking human immunology.
As a key member of the Science team, the Associate Director/Director, Bioinformatics/Computational Biology, will be play a critical role in developing, operationalizing and growing ImmuneID infrastructure for statistical and biological analysis and interpretation of all bioinformatics data generated with ImmuneID platforms.
- Work within the Computational Biology group and act as a thought leader in support of ImmuneID programs, with a focus on building datasets, algorithms, computational pipelines and data storage and mining solutions for big data generated from our proprietary platforms along with public source data.
- Participate in the development of multiple NGS pipelines and workflows, working in collaboration with wet lab research teams to produce new technologies.
- Assist in building a top quality, multidisciplinary computational research approach with expertise in data mining, text mining, machine-learning, data analysis, data visualization, computer programming, computational biology with application to key therapeutic area projects.
- Identification, implementation and resourcing of new technologies and methods for optimizing and automating the pipeline for data analysis, storage, protection, and sharing.
- Contribute to the overall screening strategy for all programs.
- Work with and potentially manage in-house and/or outsourced biostatisticians/programmers.
- Participate in all required training, safety, regulatory, HR, laboratory notebook, and intellectual property activities and corporate policies.
- Be available to others as as a general bioinformatics resource at the company.
- Work in a matrix environment with research partners to drive scientific discovery of new therapeutic solutions, and biomarker discovery for patient stratification and companion diagnostic development.
- PhD in Computational/Informatics, Biostatistics or related discipline with a minimum of 8 years of biopharmaceutical industry experience, preferably including responsibility for managing staff.
- Strong coding skills preferred, with proficiency in R, Python, etc., and experience with data processing, statistical analysis, and data visualization including in a cloud environment.
- Experience executing workflows to process high throughput sequencing data and performing downstream analysis that generates biological insights.
- Experience managing open, complex searchable datasets for end users.
- Highly motivated with ability to work successfully in a matrixed team environment and independently.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Team player with ability to work successfully across disciplines.
Additional desirable experience:
- Wet lab experience in biochemistry and molecular biology
- Understanding of immunology and translational research
- Experience in genetic screening library design
ImmuneID is a precision immunology company creating novel and transformational therapies by combining powerful next-generation sequencing with robust protein display technologies to comprehensively characterize patient antibody interactions in immune diseases. Our proprietary, unbiased platform rapidly and affordably identifies millions of antibody-target interactions to build the map of human immunity. Through a combination of passionate bench science, insightful computational biology, and big data generation, ImmuneID will improve and personalize patient diagnoses to deliver precise treatments for immune-mediated diseases. Founded in late 2020 by Longwood Fund, ImmuneID is headquartered in Cambridge, MA For more information, visit www.immuneidrx.com.
ImmuneID is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our goal is to have a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or disability or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Receive alerts for other Associate Director/Director, Bioinformatics/Computational Biology job openings
Read more here: Source link