We have an exciting opportunity in our US office for an experienced bioinformatician who is interested in working at the forefront of the gene editing (CRISPR knock-out, HDR, base editing) and gene modulation (CRISPRa, CRISPRi, RNAi) fields. As a Bioinformatics Scientist 2, you will have the opportunity to apply your strong bioinformatics background and software development skills to make key contributions in support of Horizon’s cell line engineering automation initiative and to support and improve the tens of thousands of gene editing and gene modulation products manufactured and sold out of the Boulder site.
In this role, you will work closely with scientists, software engineers, product managers, and other bioinformaticians to support and drive cutting edge research and services. If you are a strong team player, can learn quickly, and love working on challenging problems, then this is the right role for you!
- Work as part of a team to develop, test, document, and support bioinformatics pipelines and tools for the reagents and cell line engineering business units (Python and C#)
- Lead projects, suggest new areas of research/development, and mentor junior group members
- Help to migrate existing tools to the Azure
- Build, curate, and query databases of gene editing/modulation and cell line engineering data
- Drive collaboration with scientists, product managers, software engineers, and other internal stakeholders to understand and address the complex, emerging needs of our business and customers
- Prepare and present high quality data packages and reports to internal/external clients
Essential Competencies & Requirements
- Degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science, mathematics, physics, or a related field
- 1+ years of relevant post-degree work experience with a PhD; or 3+ years of relevant post-degree work experience with a master’s degree; or 5+ years of relevant post-degree work experience with a bachelor’s degree
- Bioinformatics experience with standard tools and common data sources
- Strong software development skills with some experience in Python
- Experience creating and querying databases (e.g. PostgreSQL)
- Advanced knowledge of source control
- Able to work independently and deliver high quality results while managing multiple simultaneous projects
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team player – enjoys collaborating with others to achieve shared goals and objectives
Desirable Competencies & Requirements
- Experience in C#
- Familiarity with cloud development and resources (Azure, AWS); Linux & HPC experience a plus
- Practical experience deploying and supporting pipelines/applications in an enterprise environment
- Experience working as part of Agile development team
Experience analyzing or designing reagents for gene editing and gene modulation experiments (e.g. CRISPR knock-out design, HDR repair template design, primer design)
Horizon Delivers inspired solutions that harness the power of the cell. We are global leaders in cell engineering. Our vision is to unlock the power of the cell, and we are increasing our focus on customers everyday. Our unique tools and services are used by our customers to provide valuable insights and applications in – research, drug discovery, molecular diagnostics and biomanufacturing.
If you need an accommodation or assistance to apply for this position, please email HR@horizondiscovery.com or call (US) +1 720 890 5133 (UK) +44 01223 976 000.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
As part of any recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. Our Job Applicant Privacy Notice is available on this link www.horizondiscovery.com/about-us/careers/job-applicant-privacy-notice
Read more here: Source link