Metabolomics Scientist Job at European Molecular Biology Laboratory – Heidelberg
EMBL is looking for a Metabolomics Scientist to join the Alexandrov Team (www.embl.de/research/units/scb/alexandrov) within the ERC Consolidator project METACELL and the SNF Sinergia project PROMETEX in collaboration with the University of Bern and IBM Research Zurich.
- Set up and perform single-cell metabolomics of advanced preclinical models of prostate cancer
- Integrate microscopy and mass spectrometry data
- Perform analysis of the mass spectrometry and single-cell data
- Actively contribute to the collaboration with cell biologists and machine learning specialists
- MSc degree in Analytical Chemistry, Molecular Biology or equivalent
- Experience in analytical chemistry
- Experience in data analysis and programming
- Great communication skills
- Proficiency in English
You might also have
- Knowledge of mass spectrometry and/or imaging mass spectrometry
- Knowledge of and experience in machine learning
Why join us
EMBL is an inclusive, equal opportunity employer offering attractive conditions and benefits appropriate to an international research organisation. We offer a highly collaborative, cutting-edge and vibrant international atmosphere with a very collegial and family-friendly working environment with excellent professional development opportunities. The remuneration package comprises from a competitive salary. Our staff also enjoy excellent sports facilities, shuttle bus, an on-site kindergarten, cafeteria and a library. The knowledge of the German language is not required.
What else you need to know
The European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL) is one of the highest ranked scientific research organisations in the world aimed to explore the secrets of life. EMBL integrates 27 members states and currently employs approximately 2000 people across its six sites in Heidelberg, Barcelona, Grenoble, Hamburg, Hinxton, and Rome. EMBL Heidelberg is the headquarters site located in Heidelberg, Germany, integrating both research groups and core facilities.
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company
Company: European Molecular Biology Laboratory –
Company Location: Heidelberg
Read more here: Source link