A Bioinformatician II is needed to participate in research activities involved in the analysis of Next Generation Sequencing such as data derived from genomics and transcriptomics (bulk and single-cell sequencing) to the UAB Biological Data Science institutional core (www.uab.edu/cores/ircp/bds & Twitter page: twitter.com/UAB_BDS) . This position will perform data management, quality control, data processing, data analysis and other bioinformatics related tasks on high-dimensional data in coordination with study investigators and other computing and bioinformatics staff in the core.
- Performs computational data analysis of transcriptomics and genomics studies
- Designs, develops and implements software tools and analytical procedures supporting bioinformatics analysis
- Participates in projects related to core sustainability such as pipeline development, maintenance of documentation and training guides and other services to support the needs of UAB investigators
- Provides computational support services such as study design, data management and data migration
- Evaluates and identifies new technologies for implementation
- Stays abreast of recent literature and other new developments and incorporates new techniques into existing data analysis protocols
- Performs other duties as assigned
To participate in research activities involved in the analysis of Next Generation sequence data such as data derived from genomics and transcriptomics studies. To evaluate, design and build informatic tools such as databases, analytical tools and service resources. To support research services such as study design, data management, data migration and data analysis. To stay abreast of recent literature and other new developments, incorporating into existing data analysis protocols and pipelines in support of the department’s mission of high quality, reproducible statistical research.
The ideal candidate should also be familiar with managing virtual computational environments, be familiar with high-performance computing clusters and be familiar with workflow management systems (Snakemake/NextFlow). The candidate should also have the ability to work as part of a team, knowledge of molecular biology, be detail-oriented, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Annual Salary Range: $63,875 – $103,800
Read more here: Source link