Associate Director of Bioinformatics – A.I. Genomics
Hartmann Young are exclusively partnered with a pioneer within precision metagenomics headhunt for an Associate Director Bioinformatics. The company are working with excitin technology that provides hands-off, AI-powered automated improved pathogen detection, genomic profiling, and quantification of tens of thousands of pathogens from a wide range of biological and environmental materials using NGS data.
Reporting to the Director of Bioinformatics, the Associate Director of Bioinformatics will provide leadership and management to a team of bioinformatics scientists and will serve as the bioinformatics lead in cross-functional project-based product development teams.
- Open, transparent and collaborative leader who will challenge status quo, look for creative solutions, advocate for diversity and inclusion, and champion the company ideals
- Able to articulate the road map needed for the bioinformatics team to achieve short- and long-term goals and to ensure that team members understand their role in execution of the plan
- A track record of making product development decisions, executing decisions, and accounting for the results
- Experience managing complex projects with ambitious milestones in a high-paced environment
- Experience managing multiple concurrent initiatives
- Meticulous organization and documentation
Minimum Ph.D. degree in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Genomics, or a related Engineering field with 5+ years of hands-on experience working with NGS data and bioinformatic methods
Minimum 5+ years of industry experience in medical diagnostic product development
5+ years of industry experience developing molecular IVD diagnostic products for infectious diseases
5+ years of industry experience developing next-generation sequencing-based tests
5+ years of industry experience with microbial genomics and bioinformatics-based products
5+ years of management experience
Design control proficiency
If this opportunity could be of interest and matches your background and experience, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for a confidential discussion.
Read more here: Source link