Natera™ is a global leader in cell-free DNA (cfDNA) testing with a focus on women’s health, oncology, and organ health. To bolster our oncology products, we are looking for a Senior Bioinformatics Engineer to provide technical leadership and process guidance. Through collaboration between the product and development teams, the Senior Bioinformatics Engineer will help complete projects for the array of Oncology bioinformatics pipelines.
This role will be responsible for collaboratively providing solutions to issues and questions from product teams, including process improvements and the establishment of best practices for the bioinformatics pipelines. The successful candidate will also help drive architectural decisions and provide data analysis oversight for these genomics data. They will also develop and improve bioinformatics workflows for our oncology products and act as an influential leader between the software engineering team and research and development team.
- Minimum of 6 years of practical experience in genomic analysis.
- MSc in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Biostatistics, similar field, or equivalent.
- Candidates with a solid foundation in software development are encouraged to apply.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of genomics and relevant NGS analyses (demultiplexing, mapping, variant calling, etc.).
- Solid programming skills in Python and Java.
- Expert with either AWS or Google cloud computing, including building tools and workflows using cloud technologies.
- Expert in using Linux command-line tools and relational databases (SQL).
- Experience with a scientific programming environment, such as R.
- Experience in working with an agile software development team using test-driven development and unit testing framework.
- Experience in cancer genomic data analysis or software delivery is a plus.
- Ability and desire to collaborate in cross functional teams with members from varying backgrounds.
- Team player, self-motivated and detail oriented.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Duties are typically performed in an office setting.
This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
Travel required for this position:
No ☐ or Yes ☒ : If yes state anticipated percent for travel: Rarely (less than 10%)
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you’ll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you’ll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits – Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
POSITION LOCATION: NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS REMOTE AND CAN WORK FROM ANYWHERE IN THE US
Read more here: Source link