KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Bioinformatics Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Bioinformatics Scientist you will drive the development of computational tools and perform omics data analysis to support target identification and therapeutics development platforms
2. Develop internal bioinformatic omics data analysis pipelines for data QC, processing and analysis. Maintenance of and improvements to existing genomic pipelines and bioinformatics tools will also be required.
3. Develop and apply statistical methods and novel algorithms for integration of multi-omics datasets
4. Drive novel computational approaches to translate human genetic and genomic evidence to inform target selection and validation decisions.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Bioinformatics Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A PhD in Computational Biology, Data Science, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Statistical Genetics, or a related discipline
2. Demonstrated experience with high dimensional data and machine learning to integrate multi-omics data (e.g. transcriptomics, epigenomics, regulatory genomics, proteomics) for disease research.
3. Proficiency in a programming language (such as R, Python, Perl, SQL) and a good working knowledge of common bioinformatics databases (e.g. ENCODE, GTEx, TCGA, Expression Atlas), resources and tools.
Key Words: Bionformatics, genomics, python, perl, omics, data, statistics, computational biology
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Read more here: Source link