- Courtesy: Is respectful and courteous to each other at all times.
- Friendliness/Teamwork: Promotes and rewards teamwork and inclusiveness; is sensitive to the concerns of our patients and our co-workers.
- Reliability: Communicates frequently, honestly and openly.
- Accountability: Holds self and others accountable for practicing our values.
- Safety: Models safe behavior (wears badge and personal protective equipment, washes hands, and keeps work area clean and orderly); Notices a safety concern or emergency, understands role and uses proper procedures to report it; Mitigates risk to the institution through sound business practices; Demonstrates ethical and personal responsibility in work and behavior
- Responsiveness: By his/her actions, creates an environment of trust; Encourages learning, creativity and new ideas.
- Personal Leadership/Self-Initiative: Helps others to identify and solve problems; Seeks personal growth and enables others to do so.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES Data Analysis ** Organizes and performs routine procedures involving bioinformatics and statistics for data analysis tasks on a variety of active and ongoing research projects that are administered by Dr. Calin’s laboratory personnel, which includes: analysis, evaluation, integration and interpretation of RNA-sequencing, microarray, and other experimental data. ** Creates and implements standardized workflows for data analysis. ** Analyzes High Throughput Sequencing (HTS). ** Utilizes in-house Linux based tools for data analysis, reporting, and automation of workflows. ** Processes research results through statistical programs such as R and Python to generate graphs and reports. ** Reviews and presents findings at laboratory meetings on a weekly basis.
Collaboration and Project Administration ** Works closely with coworkers to understand data processing challenges and provides custom solutions for gene expression, pathway, DNA copy number, genomic and proteomic data to expedite scientific projects. ** Utilizes the data produced by the Sequencing and Non-coding RNA for application and provides bioinformatics software and computational tools to others. ** Assigns duties and projects to biostatistical and bioinformatics support staff. ** Prepares scientific documents for publication and grant submissions. ** Performs collaborations with members of other laboratories.
Continued Education ** Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of new bioinformatics approaches and techniques. ** Searches literature and investigates emerging data analysis tools and technologies. ** Reads and interprets relevant articles related to ongoing research. ** Possesses familiarity with relevant bioinformatic approaches applicable to data generated by Dr. Calin’s laboratory personnel. ** Consistently attends classes on new techniques or topics that are related to the research.
Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree, major course work in one of the basic sciences. No experience. It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
- Requisition ID: 143511
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Soft
- Pivotal Position: No
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 30,400
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 38,000
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 45,600
- Science Jobs: No
Read more here: Source link