About Affinia Therapeutics
Affinia Therapeutics is working to transform gene therapy through a methodically designed proprietary platform. By engineering vectors and gene constructs, Affinia is building toward revolutionary treatments for devastating diseases.
Scientist/Senior Scientist, Bioinformatics/Computational Biology
Affinia Therapeutics is an innovative gene therapy company with a proprietary platform for rationally-designed adeno-associated virus (AAV) capsids developing gene therapies for rare and prevalent devastating diseases. We are backed by a strong syndicate of life science investors and have ambitious plans to have a dramatic impact on the lives of patients around the world.
As an early employee you will play a key role in setting our culture and values. You will be working alongside the founding management team who have a track record of success in the industry. The pace of work is dynamic, fast and fun.
The Computational Science group is an integral component of the entire discovery and development process at Affinia. We are looking for an accomplished, outgoing Computational biologist/Senior computational biologist to develop cutting edge analytical strategy and tools specific to gene therapy. This position will report to the VP of computational science and work synergistically with scientists in the Vector Discovery and translational Science groups to identify next generation support the analysis of our AAV variant data sets. We are looking for a curious, organized and self-motivated individual to work with our team at Affinia. Team members work together to straddle the lines between research, development, and support. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience and develop in a dynamic, next-generation gene therapy environment.
We offer competitive salary and benefits with the ability to make a difference.
- Develop computational programs and scripts to support the bioinformatics needs of the Company.
- Provide the design and coding for data input and output, and other mechanisms for integrating computational components, data storage and other elements.
- Develop pipelines to analyze for NGS data analysis.
- Develop bioinformatics analysis in programming languages such as R/Python/shell scripting and database such as MySql.
- Work with outside collaborators, vendors, and CROs to discover and implement the best technology for optimal variant identification.
- Work with scientists and IT to identify and implement a robust data management system.
- Interact and educate other research scientists to create a collaborative and enriching culture that most effectively supports the company’s mission.
- Communicate scientifically rigorous findings via verbal and written communications, visualizations, and presentations.
- PhD in bioinformatics quantitative sciences (Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Bioinformatics) with large biomedical data analysis experience.
- 3+ years of project based experience in applying machine learning to large scale complex genetics and genomics datasets.
- Hands on experience with NGS (genetics, bulk or single cell RNAseq, proteomics) data analysis.
- Fluent in R or Python with expertise in statistical algorithm development and data analysis using machine learning approaches.
- Ability to summarize analytical results, derive interpretation and recommend follow up actions to peer scientists.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute custom computational and statistical analysis plans leveraging novel algorithms and relevant databases and statistical theory.
- Strong communication skills, innate scientific curiosity and collaborative team spirit.
- Working experience embedded within a biomedical research team.
- Experience in machine learning packages such as PyTorch, Tensorflow and scilit-learn.
- Experience in protein modeling software.
- Experience in biopharma industry.
EEO Statement: Affinia Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Read more here: Source link