Partners with clients to design, develop, implement and maintain business solutions regarding data management and analysis. This includes database administration, data consolidation, data analysis and management reporting. Utilizes software to generate metrics and develops actionable recommendations. Collaborates with various function teams such as marketing, research, and IT to achieve business results.
This role will support the development and implementation of novel artificial intelligence (AI)-enabled tools to improve health care quality and delivery, and advance discovery science in the area of cardiovascular disease.
- Manages and plans for data/analysis requests and projects.
- Provides consultation to customers on appropriate data management, methodological issues and statistical analyses.
- Collaborates with technical staff explaining needs of functional users. Serve on committees related to data structure and governance.
- Reviews reports before presentation to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Develops and maintains documentation of process for quality assurance and reporting methodology
- Defines, develops and communicates new standards and best practices.
- Develops queries and quality metrics.
- Interprets results using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex statistical analysis.
- Determines data structure for local datasets.
- Develops and documents standards for data quality and regulatory compliance pertaining to reporting.
- Ensures quality and compliance by reviewing reports
- Provides work direction and/or supervises staff such as team members, subordinates, contractors, vendors, students, etc.
- Recommends staff hires/terminations.
- Coaches and mentors staff.
- Manages projects ensuring timelines and deliverables are met and meet expectations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor’s or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 4 years data analysis/report writing or similar experience required.
Please see information highlighted
Infrastructure (extends across applications)
- Code Repositories (Git, Subversion)
- Linux Operating System
- NoSQL (MongoDB, CouchDB)
- Other: Docker; Bash
Programming Languages and Frameworks
- critical thinking
- problem solving
- collaboration and teamwork
- facilitate collaboration
- organizational skills
- Master’s level degree in engineering, bioinformatics, statistics, or equivalent.
- Prior working experience in applied machine learning in healthcare.
Preferred Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities)
- Skill/knowledge of contemporary best practices in Python, R, and other relevant programming languages.
- Action oriented – Willing or likely to take practical action to deal with a problem or situation.
- Coachability – Receptive to feedback, willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement.
- Collaboration – Facilitates open and effective communication, cooperation and teamwork within and outside of one’s own team.
- Collegiality – Helpful, respectful, approachable; builds strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Initiative – Exhibits energy and desire to achieve; sets ambitious goals and acts decisively; takes action that no one has requested to improve or enhance job results and avoid problems.
- Meets deadlines – Displays consistency and success in adhering to deadlines.
- Multi-tasking – Demonstrates ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Organization – Plans, organizes and schedules in an efficient, productive manner; anticipates contingencies and pays attention to detail.
The Northwestern campus sits on the traditional homelands of the people of the Council of Three Fires, the Ojibwe, Potawatomi, and Odawa as well as the Menominee, Miami and Ho-Chunk nations. We acknowledge and honor the original people of the land upon which Northwestern University stands, and the Native people who remain on this land today.Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Click for information on EEO is the Law.
Read more here: Source link