We are Europe’s flagship research laboratory for the life sciences – an intergovernmental organisation performing scientific research in disciplines including molecular biology, physics, chemistry and computer science. We are an international, innovative and interdisciplinary laboratory with approx. 2 000 employees from many nations, operating across six sites, in Heidelberg (HQ), Barcelona, Hinxton near Cambridge, Hamburg, Grenoble and Rome.
We are looking for a Senior Accounts Officer to join us at the European Molecular Biology Laboratory in Heidelberg, Germany. In this role you will be part of the Accounting Unit and will report to the Head of Accounting. You will have a broad range of responsibilities concerning EMBL’s general ledger accounting and financial reporting.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited, to the following:
- Prepare annual financial statements in accordance with international standards and organization regulations and policies
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for the senior management
- Coordinate and prepare responses to queries from internal and external auditors
- Keep abreast with changes in international accounting standards and ensure respective application in the organization
- Coordinate period close processes and maintain integrity of the general ledger and sub-ledgers
- Monitor accounts balances, perform reconciliations and prepare year end adjustment journals
- Maintain grants and funds accounting, including technology transfer and health insurance funds
- Ensure general ledger integrity and follow up on any corrective actions required
Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Coordinate accounts payable and receivable transactions and periodic reconciliations
- Monitor suppliers and customers aging reports and coordinate measures for resolving open items
- Administer customers’ bills and invoices aligning to the relevant tax legislation
- Coordinate capital expenditures, prepare assets accounting and update assets registry
Other treasury and administrative operations
- Ensure sound running of internal controls and verification of invoices and payments
- Reporting and statistics for the accounting operations and other departments
- Provide various administrative support to EMBL staff and EMBL facilities
As Senior Accounts Officer you will be providing technical and practical advice on various relevant accounting related questions to the Head of Accounting, Accounting Team and other departments of the Laboratory. In this role you will be also required to support implementation of relevant projects, ad hoc assignments and responding to various requests from management and senior scientific staff.
The post holder will report directly to the Head of Accounting and will work closely with the Accounting, Purchasing and Scientific groups as well as external contacts like vendors, debtors and others. Importantly, you will need to establish close and productive relationships with finance and non-finance staff in order to achieve the main tasks above.
Read more here: Source link