Dice Bioinformatics Engineer Vacancy 2021 – Candidates Apply Online
Job Title: Bioinformatics Engineer
Address City: San Diego, CA
Position starting out 100% remote due to COVID-19.
- Work closely with world-class scientists, bioinformaticians, and developers to advance the discovery of new biologic medicine.
- Develop and maintain production-quality bioinformatics analysis pipelines for single-cell BCR NGS, protein property prediction, etc.
- Perform bioinformatics analysis to answer research questions.
- Evaluate the performance of new algorithms and implement them into scientific workflows.
- Basic understanding of molecular biology – DNA/RNA/protein sequence and structure, cells, NGS
- Solid foundation in computer programming – understanding of OOP, data structures, and error handling. Python is a must.
- Experience developing scientific pipelines with rigorous engineering is strongly preferred
- Basic understanding of statistics and data visualization
- Strong problem-solving skills – able to see the big picture AND the details, and know what questions to ask.
- Protein level; structure (optional)
- Sequence alignments
- HMM models for structure, function
- Strong Python
- AWS compute technologies
- Agile experience
- Relational database and warehouse schema experience
- Experience in processing NGS data and track-record delivering bioinformatics or cheminformatics analyses
- Experience with containerization via Docker, Singularity, etc
- Experience with pipeline definition languages and tools, such as WDL, Cromwell, Snakemake, etc
Dice Bioinformatics Engineer Vacancy
Read more here: Source link