Wilmar International Limited is Asia’s leading agribusiness group. Wilmar International business activities include oil palm cultivation, edible oils refining, oilseeds crushing, consumer pack edible oils processing and merchandising, specialty fats, oleochemicals, and biodiesel manufacturing, and grains processing and merchandising. It has over 1,000 manufacturing plants and an extensive distribution network covering China, India, Indonesia and some 50 other countries. The Group is backed by a multinational workforce of about 100,000 people.
- Quality control and analysis of next generation sequencing (genomic and transcriptomic) and metabolomics data.
- Creatively employ techniques to evaluate markers in the production of important commercial metabolites.
- Advanced statistical analyses to integrate multi-omic studies and investigate pathways and processes underlying metabolite production relevant to our research group.
- Candidates will be working on metagenomic datasets related to Wilmar Clinical trials as well as fermentation experiments for developing Wilmar products.
- Present results within the research group and collaborators.
- Participate in seminars and research-in-progress meetings within the team and collaborators.
- A Ph.D. Degree in computational biology, computer science or equivalent
- Ability to code in a few languages – R, Python, Java, Bash
- Excellent communication skills and a team player
- Ability to work independently
- Versatile in applying computational techniques to solve open problems
Wilmar International Limited
Wilmar International Limited, founded in 1991 and headquartered in Singapore, is today Asia’s leading agribusiness group. Wilmar is ranked amongst the largest listed companies by market capitalisation on the Singapore…
Read more here: Source link