Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
One full-time postdoc position is available at Dr. Zhen Bouman Chen’s laboratory at Beckman Research Institute, City of Hope. Dr. Chen’s research integrates innovative high-throughput sequencing technologies, bioinformatics approaches, and multi-scale models to elucidate RNA-mediated endothelial biology in the context of diabetes. The prospective candidates should be highly self-motivated, creative, and capable of working independently and in a team.
Candidates are expected to demonstrate strong ability in the following areas: 1) independent and critical thinking; 2) communication skills both orally and in writing; 3) data and project documentation and management; 4) Technical expertise in Next-Generation Sequencing applications and knowledge in NGS data analysis (highly preferred).
Candidate will be involved in proposal and manuscript writing at different training stage and expected to pursue an independent scientific career after the postdoc training. During the training, the candidate will partner with our team members and external collaborators in serving as the scientific/technical expert to help drive our high-throughput sequencing projects and help develop any projects based on the most advanced technologies.
Basic Education, Experience And Skills Required For Consideration
- Ph.D. in Biomedical Sciences, Molecular and Cellular Biology or related field
- Experience in high-throughput sequencing library preparation, sequencing project planning and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge in single-cell sequencing and spatial transcriptomics a plus
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with colleagues in a fast-pace teamwork environment.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability in the workplace.
- For more information on Dr. Zhen Chen’s research please visit here
- To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Posting Date: Sep 30, 2021
- Job Field: Research
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job
Read more here: Source link