– Advertisement –
Sr Research Scientist I – FPD, Gilead Sciences, Apply Now
United States – California – Foster City
Sr. Research Scientist I – Formulation & Process Development
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company founded in 1987. Together we deliver life-saving therapies to patients in need. With the commitment and drive you bring to the workplace every day, you will be part of a team changing the world and helping millions of people live healthier, more fulfilling lives. Our worldwide staff is a close community where you can see the tangible results of your contributions.
Every individual matters and everyone has a chance to enhance their skills through ongoing development. Our scientific focus has resulted in marketed products benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates, and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them. By joining Gilead, you will further our mission to address unmet medical needs and improve life by advancing the care of patients with life-threatening diseases.
The Formulation & Process Development group located at the Foster City, CA Gilead headquarters is seeking a senior research scientist to provide scientific, technical, and hands-on support of drug discovery and product development related to small molecules.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Experienced in formulation and process development, manufacture, and scale-up of parenteral drug products.
- Expertise in parenteral drug delivery technologies, including sustained release. Knowledge of basic analytical skills required: HPLC/UPLC, UV, solid state characterization.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills are required.
- Works independently to design execute and analyze laboratory experimentation.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires evaluation of intangible variables, requiring regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Presents results of work, interprets data, and draws conclusions regarding presented material and nature of work.
- Maintains full working knowledge of state-of-the art principles and theories, applying such knowledge to the direction that supports Company interests.
- Demonstrates technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought in suggesting experimental design and strategy.
- Must think critically and creatively and be able to work independently, determine appropriate resources for resolution of problems and have strong organizational and planning skills.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates collaborative communication and problem solving spirit.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
- The qualified candidate should have experience and/or knowledge in pre-formulation, formulation and process development, Quality by Design (QbD), oversight of GMP drug product manufacturing and global regulatory CMC (INDs, IMPDs, NDAs, MAAs). Experience in parenteral product development and sustained parenteral drug delivery is strongly preferred.
- The qualified candidate will be responsible for lead optimization, API form selection/characterization, pre-formulation, formulation development, manufacture of clinical supplies, development of efficient and scalable manufacturing processes, process scale up based on Quality by Design (QbD), implementation of innovative technologies, CMO management and global regulatory strategy.
- Ideal candidate will have degree in pharmaceutical sciences, chemical engineering, physical organic chemistry.
- PhD in a related scientific discipline with 3+ years’ industry experience.
- BS or MS degree with extensive industry experience.
To apply, please submit a resume through our website at www.gilead.com
Gilead is an equal opportunity employer.
– Advertisement –
Read more here: Source link