We are inviting applications for a bioinformatics specialist position at the Genome Institute of Singapore. Successful candidate will join the research program on generating a human pangenome reference for Asian populations. The current reference (hg37/38) plays an essential role in large-scale genome sequencing analysis of human population, but it suffers from several limitations, such as the incomplete coverage of human genome sequence as well as being Caucasian-centric. This research program is working to generate a new Asian-centric pangenome reference by analyzing 100 Asian samples using long read sequencing and de novo assembling. The successful candidate will join the effort on implementing the analytical pipeline for de novo assembling as well as the analysis of the 100 genomes.
- A Master/Bachelor Degree in Bioinformatics, Computer Science or any relevant disciplines
- Very proficient in at least one scripting language (e.g. Bash/Awk or Python)
- Familiarity with Unix Shell and experience with clusters/HPC system
- Hands-on experience in analyzing large-scale datasets (preferably genomics). Previous experience in genome assembly, polishing and scaffolding will be advantageous.
- A good team player, and a fast learner
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on its prevailing recruitment policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Read more here: Source link