At Alector, our mission is to develop therapies that empower the immune system to cure neurodegeneration. Our team is solely focused on developing cures for some of the most challenging diseases facing our society. We are supported in this mission by experienced and accomplished scientists and board members, leading healthcare investors and some of the most innovative pharma companies.
As an Associate Director within the Target Discovery and Genomics group, you will play a key role in Alector’s efforts to identify new therapeutic targets and translate outstanding science into exceptional drugs. You will work closely with biologists to validate targets and develop innovative drugs targeting the immune cells to treat neurodegenerative disorders and cancer. Applying your existing technical skills to carry out analyses central to Alector’s scientific discovery effort, you’ll be influential in championing and developing Alector’s culture and discovery strategy.
During the first year, your goals will include:
- Grow a team of data analysts and geneticists to guide Target Discovery
- Maintain and expand access to genetic databases
- Keep track of innovative methods and apply them
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have expertise in human genetics (GWAS, PheWAS…)
- You have experience in genomics and genetic database mining (dbGap, SRA, TCGA…), data analyses
- You are proficient in scripting languages such as R, Perl/Python
- You have an in-depth knowledge of genetic, transcriptomic and proteomic data analysis.
- You have experience carrying advanced statistical analysis
- You have a PhD in genetics, bioinformatics or a related scientific field with at least 10 years of academic or industry in human genetics
- Background in immunology, oncology or neurodegenerative disorders would be strongly appreciated.
- You take pride in being persistent, self-motivated, and efficient
- You thrive in an environment where we work independently and on teams
At Alector, we believe that high-performing teams include people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives and bring creative ideas to the table. We are committed to building an open, diverse, and inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Alector is a great place to learn and experiment. If you excel in a dynamic environment where everyone is committed to finding a cure, where you’ll drive growth, this is the role for you. There is no limit to how far you can go with us.
While we’ve focused on what to look forward to during the first year and beyond, Day One is great, too: committed and driven colleagues, a bold and important company goal, state-of-the-art brand-new brightly-lit offices in the heart of the biotech area, competitive compensation and benefits. But these matter only if you’re excited to build and own something great, and take on these challenges with us. Come join us.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Read more here: Source link